How to join the BTK if you are NOT a student at the University of Stellenbosch:

For any non US student to become part of the BTK they must be approved by the executive committee according to 3.1.2 in the constitution (EnglishAfrikaans). If you would like to join please send an email with the following details made out to the executive committee at btk@sun.ac.za  (see example email at the bottom of this page)

• Who are you (name and surname, that kind of stuff)
  • Motivational letter (why you want to be a member of the BTK)
  • Your contact details

The Executive Committee will consider your application and contact you after a decision has been made.

Membership options are as follow:

General Membership (R150 per year) :

This includes email updates to our latest events and discount on hikes and tours (it’s worth it, really). Members will be given preference above non-members on tour and day/weekend hikes placement.

Rockclimbing Membership (R400 per year, includes a student card for wall access):

This includes general membership with the added benefits of 24/7 access to our bouldering wall at the Neelsie (you will get an access card) and rockclimbing events.

Example email:

Dear BTK Executive Committee,

My name is Dooierige Daaintjie Deurkop I am currently working at the DIGSA (Department of Inhouse Golfing South Africa) as a financial advisor in Technopark. I recently completed my degree in BA Tree-climbing at UNISA with a honors in doringbome. I am from Calonda, Angola and came to study in South Africa in 2012.

I would like to join the BTK for the use of the climbing wall. I love climbing and would like to be part of the local climbing community doing climbing things and other climbing related stuff. I only do climbing on weekends and of course general climbing exercises daily. I spend my holidays on climbing tours or other climbing camps as an instructor.  Yes, I am also a certified climbing instructor at the Climbing Association for Advanced Climbers.

You can contact me at:
08600 (Climbnow) or ddeurknop@saclimbers.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards Daaintjie

n/a