Language:
SEARCH
  • Recent Posts

• Categories

• Archives

Reactivation: pensioners

All persons using the SU network have to reactivate for network usage (e-mail, internet, etc.) on an annual basis. Pensioners still using SU facilities also have to complete this process to ensure they still have e-mail access.

Over the past few weeks all users received an e-mail notice from helpinfo@sun.ac.za indicating that their username will soon expire. Generally three warnings are sent before the deadline date on 1 April 2015.

Since pensioners pay for access themselves and not by a department, the payment method differs somewhat. Payment can occur by credit card or cash. Credit card payment can be done securely online (see below for instructions) or at the cashiers in Admin A.

However, from February 2014 all banks made an additional 3D-authentication for credit cards being used online compulsory due to security reasons. In the meantime a grace period was given to bank clients to give them enough time to register their cards for 3D-authentication. This grace period has now expired.

Due to this new built-in check by banks, pensioners might be confronted by the following error message:

“Your payment in the amount of R284.00 could not be processed successfully. | U betaling vir die bedrag van R284.00 kon nie suksesvol verwerk word nie.”

“Reason / Rede: Transaction Failed. Restricted transaction due to 3D authentication merchant risk setting. Please return to merchant website and use an alternative payment method or card. (10205)”

Unfortunately this part of the payment process falls outside Information Technology’s jurisdiction and pensioners need to resolve the issue with their relevant bank, in particular the credit card division. Bank websites should also have information on the application procedure for 3D-authentication. More information is also available on PAYGO.

Reactivation with your credit card 

1. Open Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
  2. Go to http://my.sun.ac.za
  3. Click on Staff
  4. Click on PENSIONERS
  5. Click on Reregistration

2 Responses to “Reactivation: pensioners”

1. Sonja van der Westhuizen says:

Good morning Anita,

I’ve asked the Service Desk to contact you ASAP and will follow up on that. Apologies for the delay.

2. URGENT:
    I have been trying to reregister since I first received the email notifying me that pensioners were to be allowed to reregister. I have followed all instructions given implicitly, but have been unable to gain access to the website required for reregistration.
    I have sent two emails to help@sun.ac.za regarding this situation, and have had no reply. This is possibly because of a change in my IP address, as I am currently in New Zealand for an extended stay. I do, however require my sun email address to be active as I continue to work from time to time as a language editor both for the Faculty of Engineering (refer lkoch@sun.ac.za) and for post graduate students, mainly at USB and various engineering departments.

Please send me instructions on how to proceed so as to ensure that my email service will not be cut off at the end of March.

Thank you,

Anita van der Spuy
    UT 12127604

© 2013-2024 Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author(s) and content contributor(s). The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by Stellenbosch University.