As the Development section enters its second year of existence within the IT Division, it has set a number of goals to be achieved during 2012, for itself:
In general: Start producing architectural roadmaps that have been agreed within the IT Division and with stakeholders
- Develop an institutional Identity & Access Management (IAM) strategy, policy and finalise the IAM architectural roadmap.
- Make the IT Architecture Forum within the IT Division an even more effective a co-ordinating body across the siloes.
- Lead the IT Division to a higher level of maturity in terms of Services Oriented Architecture (SOA).
Programme Management Office
In general: Establish effective Portfolio & Project Management (P&PM) processes, disciplines and support systems – 2012 is a key year for making substantive progress.
- Establish a Project Management culture and disciplines within the IT Division.
- Implement P&PM processes within the IT Division
- Implement a P&PM information system by June 2012.
In general: Ensure that the Software Development “pool” becomes a useful and “user-friendly” resource for the IT Division, and that it produces quality software.
- Ensure effective scheduling of software development resources to projects and critical maintenance tasks.
- Investigate and pilot appropriate agile techniques in line with the pace layer model.
In general: Expand business analysis capacity and “professionalise” the discipline within the IT Division.
Change and Configuration Management
In general: Achieve clarity about the change management role and location within the IT Division.
- Assist in establishing a robust configuration management environment.
- Lead the establishment of a standardised/controlled environment and establish a change management regime to effectively control changes in systems, services and processes.
In general: Participate in institutional sustainability initiatives and try to influence the IT Division to adopt sustainability as a goal.
Participate in institutional information governance forums and try to influence the adoption of a better information governance structure.
We are waiting to see if the requested information security officer role has been approved.