Reunion celebrates 50 years of microbiology research at Stellenbosch University
By volschenkh On 21/07/2011 · Leave a Comment · In Community Interaction, News articles
The Department of Microbiology at Stellenbosch University will celebrate its 50th year of existence in November with a reunion for alumni and former staff members.
The Department of Microbiology was established in 1961 as an academic unit of the Faculty of Agriculture, and became a department within the Faculty of Science in 1997. Its researchers play a leading role in the fields of antimicrobial peptides and probiotics, water research, biomining and biofuels.
A gala dinner is planned for alumni on Saturday 5 November in the Wallenberg Research Centre (STIAS) in Stellenbosch. Former and current staff members, along with their postgraduate students, will also be invited to the function.
- If you are interested in attending the function, please contact email@example.com or (021) 808 2709.
Tagged with: 50 years • celebration • Reunion
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)