Prof Leon Dicks was one of four Stellenbosch University experts that were honoured by the South African Academy for Science and Arts for their contributions to their respective fields at a rewards ceremony in Stellenbosch on 24 June 2015. Prof Leon Dicks has been awarded the Havenga prize for life sciences. He is only the 32nd […]
Authors: Karin Jacobs, Kathryn Wirth
We asked our third year students to run their own research projects… This is the result!
Author: Wiida Fourie-Basson
A microbiologist and an electronic engineer from Stellenbosch University have developed a proof-of-concept nanowire biological sensor that can identify any of the major disease-causing bacteria such as Escherichia coli, Salmonella or Vibrio cholera within ten to fifteen minutes.
In the not too distant future, this combination of nanotechnology and microbiology could make the diagnosis of patients […]
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)