Research at Stellenbosch University available online
The virtual copy of the annual Research at Stellenbosch University 2010 is now available.
This publication was introduced for the first time in 2009 with the aim of giving the national and international research community a comprehensive, yet accesible overview of the research activities at Stellenbosch University (SU). It also creates a platform for the SU web where more detailed information on research (including the list of publications for a given year) and SU as a research-institution can be studied.
The latest edition focuses on four themes:
- Making a difference: How our research impacts on society;
- Producing relevant research: How our research supports industry;
- Improving our performance: National scientific collaboration;
- Being a preferred knowledge partner: Working with partners beyond our borders
It includes information on research awards and prizes won by SU staff, an interesting new section about SU research highlights over the years, conversations with our top emerging scholars and many more.
With this publication the Division for Research Development is giving researchers the opportunity to introduce their research activities to the wider public, media, partners and future co-workers.
The 2009 edition received an award as the best annual report at the 2010 SA MACE (Marketing, Advancement and Communication in Education) Excellence Awards competition.
- Hard copies of the publication will be available by mid-April at the Division for Research Development. For more information about this publication, please contact Maryke Hunter Husselmann at tel: 021 808 4623 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.