Brand new gender, HIV and disability course for staff
Human Resources, Wellness is offering a brand new short course for university staff titled: “Positive Leadership, Positive Change: Building leadership skills with regards to Gender, Disability and HIV in Higher education.”
The course targets middle management, academic and service staff and aims to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes in university staff to positively contribute to the management of gender, disability and HIV.
The course will aim to provide staff with an understanding of:
- The impact of HIV, gender roles and disability in the community and workplace.
- Definitions, basic theory and biomedical facts
- The influence of personal worldview, values and beliefs
- The role of stigma and discrimination
- The need for leaders to promote a positive workplace culture.
The course will consist of 3 modules (each presented as a one day session). Participants have to complete all 3 modules to receive a certificate. The training will take place at the Devon Valley Hotel and the dates and times are as follows:
Module 1: HIV, 20 June 2011 (9h00-16h00)
Module 2: Gender 19 August 2011 (9h00-16h00)
Module 3: Disability 4 November 2011 (9h00-16h00)
Log on to Sun-e-HR. Then select Sun Employee Self Service, and specifically Training and Development, Learner Home. Go to Human Resources to access the courses.