Community Interaction Symposium: Poster Competition
Community Interaction Symposium – 1 September2011
Symposium theme: KnowledgeInteractionHope - Critical reflections on the impact of community-university partnerships on lives and livelihoods
Participants of the Community Interaction Symposium 2011 will have an opportunity to showcase and promote their CI project work during the lunch period on the day of the Symposium.
Posters will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Visual appeal and clarity: This criterion covers the overall appearance and design of the poster.
- The message or content of the poster: Does the poster convey the work of the project in terms of outcomes, target groups and number of people benefiting from the project? The photographs and graphic displays must tell a story.
- The scholarly link with research and/or teaching and learning and/or volunteerism must be demonstrated.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
1st prize – R3000
2nd prize – R2000
3rd prize – R1000
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Project owners of current and ongoing Community Interaction projects are eligible to enter.
- Project must be registered on the Community Interaction Database.
- Posters should reflect the theme of symposium and clearly convey the major elements of the respective projects (as outlined in the judging criteria above).
- Posters may consist of materials of your choice and be in a format of your choice.
- Posters should be no bigger than 1.5 X 1.2 m (portrait layout).
- Your poster should be pre-mounted for display on a display board. The Division for Community Interaction will provide a display board for each poster display. Please provide for your own pins and any other supplies you may need.
- Project owners are responsible for the display and removal of their posters. Posters need to be assembled and ready for viewing by 08:00 on the day of the symposium (1 September 2011).
Please confirm your participation in the poster display / competition with Rolene Liebenberg at email@example.com or (021) 808 9142 by 25 August 2011. Please contact Rolene should you have any further queries about the poster display / competition.