A*STAR offers scholarship opportunities for Biomedical, Science and Engineering students
SIPGA (Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award) forms part of the A*STAR programme, which provides a range of scholarships at Masters and PhD levels for both research visits and full-degree studies. SIPGA offers scholarship opportunities available for 2 to 6 month periods of research for Master level students in Singapore’s top rated research institutions.
Interested students from Stellenbosch University are to send applications to the Postgraduate & International Office (PGIO). Applicants are to send the below listed application documents in one e-mail to the co-ordinator of the A Star scholarships at the Postgraduate & International Office, Tanya Fouché, email@example.com. All application documents are to be sent electonically. Hard copies will be requested if needed.
The next available research period starts beginning of August 2012, application deadline is 8 June 2012.
More information on the SIPGA award, the application process and the available research institutes available at www.a-star.edu.sg/SIPGA.
Supporting documents required for SIPGA nomination
- Curriculum Vitae
- English Transcripts of Bachelor and Master Studies (if any)
- Copy of Identity Certificate/ Passport
- Recommendation letter (academic reference)
- Proposed supervisor/ project at the A*STAR Research Institute
- Proposed period of research at A star
Closing date for submissions of A*STAR SIPGA applications to the PGIO – the research periods are 2-6 months:
- 8 June 2012 (Research period starting 1 August 2012)
- 31 July 2012 (Research period starting 1 October 2012)
- 30 September 2012 (Research period starting 1 December 2012)
- 30 November 2012 (Research period starting 1 February 2013)
Contact Ms Tanya Fouche at the Postgraduate and International Office: 021 808 3543 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.