Alumni: Sibusiso Radebe

Sibusiso RadebeSibusiso Radebe obtained his LLB degree from the University of Witwatersrand. In 2009, Sibusiso worked at the South African Constitutional Court as a Law Clerk to Deputy Chief Justice Dikgang Moseneke and in 2010, he was admitted as an attorney. He joined Stellenbosch University in 2011, where he worked as a Research Assistant to Professor Sandra Liebenberg in the Public Law Department. During this time he also completed a LLM degree in constitutional law. Sibusiso also holds a National Certificate in Advanced Trial Advocacy Skills from the Black Lawyers Association, in addition to a diploma in the Justiciability of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights: Theory and Practice (from the Institute for Human Rights, Åbo Akademi University, Finland). Sibusiso is currently working at Bowman Gilfillan Inc as an associate in the employment law department. Regarding his experience at the Project, Sibusiso stated that:

“Being part of the SERAJ Research Project was one of the best decisions I ever made. It not only opened up new doors for me, but also broadened my horizons and deepened my knowledge of constitutional law; international law and local and international human rights. Finally, the project enabled me to develop and maintain new and lasting friendships and networks.”