- We want to initiate and implement undergraduate and postgraduate education and training programmes for health
- and other professionals to meet the needs of rural and other underserved areas.
- Provide a knowledge service to rural health practitioners.
- Foster and facilitate research into diseases that particularly affect rural and disadvantaged communities,
- as well as issues of access, equity, accountability and quality of the health services in rural and disadvantaged communities.
- Advocate appropriately for equity in the distribution of resources for health care in the country, through policy development and implementation.
- Foster and encourage networks of rural health practitioners and learners.
- Provide innovative leadership in inter- and transdisciplinary community interaction initiatives