The BD FACSJazz™ is a cell sorter that uses the principles of flow cytometry to collect only the cells of interest from a heterogenous suspension. The innovative technology of cell sorting involves high-voltage deflection plates that directs passing charged droplets (which contains cell of interest) into the appropriate collection tube.
The BD FACSJazz™ sorter is housed at the Biosafety Laboratory Level 3 of the Department of Molecular Biology (Tygerberg Campus) and are available primarily for the sorting of infectious cells or particles.
The BD FACSJazz™ performance characteristics
- A set up of 3 lasers: 405nm (violet), 488nm (blue) and 561nm (yellow)
- Channels of detection: Forward Scatter (related to cell size),
Side Scatter (defines granularity) and
6 fluorescent channels (can define up to 6 cellular parameters of interest)
- Sample input format: min vol 200µl from 12 x 75 mm polypropylene tubes
- 2-way sorting: 2 different cell populations sorted, simultaneously, into separate collection tubes
- High speed of sorting (10 000 cells per second)
- High degree of purity (~98%) and yield (>80%)
- Multi sample collection formats: 5 ml and15 mL tubes, 96- and 384-well plates, slides, Petri dishes or other custom collection devices.
- Data collected can be analysed via histograms or bivariate dot plots
- BD FACS™ Sortware sorter software
- Calibration using BD FACS™ Accudrop technology to ensure correct separation
Sorting from any type of heterogenous suspension (human cells to infectious HIV) for downstream culturing or detailed molecular, genetic and protein analyses
For instrument specifics click here Specification sheet BD FACSJazz.
For more information, please Contact us.