As part of our service to the Stellenbosch community, Dr Michelle de Kwaadsteniet (currently a PostDoc) visited the Grade 12 learners of Bloemhof Girls’ High School and gave a 2 hour teaching and demonstration session on agarose gel electrophoresis techniques last week (15.03.2010).
Under the watchful eye of Ms Susan Grobler, the Life Science teacher at Bloemhof, the learners were introduced to the theory behind DNA gel electrophoresis and also had the opportunity to execute an agarose gel electrophoresis experiment.[fpg id=”1269211536_540x1023_Teaching-at-Bloemhof.xml”]
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)