Maties’ Open Day
On Friday, 30 July 2010, Stellenbosch University held its annual Open Day for prospective students, one of the annual highlights with regard to marketing for many departments and divisions. The purpose of the Open Day is not only to act as a marketing opportunity for the recruitment of students but also to promote the image and activities of the University.
All the faculties were present – Law, Science, Health Sciences, Economic and Management Sciences, Education, AgriScience, Engineering, Theology, Military Science and Arts and Social Science. Thousands of learners from all over the country visited the Langenhoven Students’ Centre or more commonly, the Neelsie. The Department of Microbiology was there in full force to interact with interested Grade 11 and 12 pupils and their parents and address any burning questions they might have had.
Prospective students who are interested in the field of Microbiology, can visit our website for more details on the undergraduate programme as well as the research activities in the department.
For more photo’s of the day you can visit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/prospectivematies/sets/72157624511454841/
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)