Venue: JC Smuts Building, 3rd floor, Room A309 @12h00-13h00
9 Feb 2011
Marko Viktor (MSc defence)
The expression of fungal enzymes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae for bio-ethanol production from raw cornstarch.
Munyaradzi Mubazangi (MSc defence)
Optimization of the conversion of lignocellulosic agricultural by-products to bioethanol using different enzyme cocktails and recombinant yeast strains.
11 Feb 2011
Danny du Plessis (MSc defence)
Fabrication and characterization of anti-microbial and biofouling resistant nanofibers with silver nanoparticles and immobilized enzymes for application in water filtration.
Wendy Stone (MSc defence)
An external ecological niche for Candida albicans within reducing, oxygen-limited zones of wetlands and river banks.
14 Feb 2011
Anathi Njokweni (MSc defence)
Expression of fungal β-glucosidases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae for enhanced growth on cellobiose.
Arista Burke (MSc defence)
Expression of the Human Papillomavirus type 16 L1/L2 chimera protein in methylotrophic yeasts
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)