A world leader on the use of microorganisms in biomining activities, Stellenbosch University (SU) microbiologist Prof Doug Rawlings, is to receive the 2011 Havenga Prize for Life Sciences from the Suid-Afrikaanse Akademie vir Wetenskap en Kuns (South African Academy for Science and Art).
The Havenga Prize is an annual prestige award given for original research in a scientific and/or technical field. A person can receive this award only once in a lifetime.
Read the rest of the article HERE
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)