Here is some feedback from the the NEPAD Bioenergy Symposium recently attended by Prof Emile van Zyl. Leading experts and investors in Bioenergy, as well as public and private sector representatives have been meeting in Johannesburg to explore how the Bioenergy industry can use more of Africa’s own national resources to deliver improved energy and food security.
One exciting outcome is the establishment of a incubator fund. To be practical in spearheading its bio-energy initiative, NEPAD is looking to create an incubation fund, which will not only provide finance, but capacity to advice on bio-energy developments. The fund would seek to fund start up businesses that have the potential, but not necessarily the funds, for example.
Read the relevant news here:
2. SABC News
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)