Winter time at Stellenbosch University has become synonymous with a hive of community interaction activities. Two such events the Department participated in were the Maties Science Winter Week (23 to 27 June 2013) and the US Open Day (2 August). As part of the Maties Science Winter Week, our department, under guidance of Dr Wesaal Khan, hosted two highly interactive sessions with 85 high school pupils. Postgraduate students and researchers from the department introduced the learners to the field of Microbiology using a combination of presentations, fun experiments and a snapshot look at some of the multimedia assignments from current 2nd year microbiology students.
Here is a gallery of photos capturing our Maties Science Winter Week and Open Day activities. More images from the Open Day here.
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)