Thousands of prospective Maties visited Stellenbosch University’s (SU) Open Day on Friday (11 April) to find out more about career opportunities, courses, accommodation or just to get a taste of what Matieland has to offer. Estimates are that between 5 000 and 7 500 visitors flocked to the campus and visited the several tents. The Department of Microbiology was there of course among the more than 100 stalls, to assist learners about what the subject is all about, the career opportunities and other general inquiries. If you missed out on the Open Day visit http://www.maties.com where you can find more information on the application process, bursaries and loans, fees, accommodation etc or contact the Centre for Student Recruitment at 021 808 4709 of 021 808 2631. Here are some photographs of Microbiology’s staff and students in action at the stall.
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)