Profs Emile van Zyl and Leon Dicks are part of a group of 33 professors at Stellenbosch University (SU) that will in future be referred to as Distinguished Professors. Prof Russel Botman, SU Rector and Vice-chancellor, announced the names of the recipients of this title at a meeting of the SU Senate on Friday 6 June.
Eligibility criteria included: Having been appointed as a professor at SU for at least five years; continuous excellent performance over the last three years; international stature; proven exceptional performance and leadership in higher education in research and publications, postgraduate study leadership, learning and teaching, and community interaction.
Congratulations to Profs Emile van Zyl and Leon Dicks, the Dept. of Microbiology is indeed honoured and privileged with two recipients!
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)