The National Research Foundation has awarded the South African Research Chairs Initiative (SARChI): Biofuels and Other Clean Alternative Fuels to prof. WH (Emile) van Zyl at the Department of Microbiology, StellenboschUniversity. The Research Chair focuses on the development of technologies for commercial production of secondgeneration bio-energy from lignocellulosic biomass in South Africa.
- Microbial Strain Development & Fermentation Processes
- Alternative products from lignocellulosic waste (biorefinery concept)
- Pre-treatment & Fractionation of Biomass
- Pyrolysis & Gasification of Biomass
- Process Modelling for Energy Efficiency, Economics & Lifecycle Analyses
ONLY South African citizens with the relevant qualifications (HonsBSc/BScEng/BEng for Master’s and MSc/MScEng for Doctoral studies) are invited to apply for the 2016 Master’s and Doctoral programmes in the fields of Microbiology or Chemical Engineering.
Please address enquiries regarding the application process to: Prof. Marinda Viljoen-Bloom, Dept. Microbiology, University of Stellenbosch, e-mail: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 30 September 2015
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)