“Most eukaryotes possess an RNA interference system (RNAi) that they use to regulate gene expression and to defend against viruses and other mobile elements. However, some budding yeasts, such as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, appear to get along just fine without it even though RNAi has benefited other yeasts by silencing […]
Chemical biologist Prof Erick Strauss from the Department of Biochemistry at Stellenbosch University has received the Beckman Coulter Silver Medal from the South African Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (SASBMB), in recognition of his contribution as a young researcher working on enzyme mechanisms and antibiotic drug development.
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)