Well-deserved research recognition
Prof Leon Dicks was one of four Stellenbosch University experts that were honoured by the South African Academy for Science and Arts for their contributions to their respective fields at a rewards ceremony in Stellenbosch on 24 June 2015. Prof Leon Dicks has been awarded the Havenga prize for life sciences. He is only the 32nd […]
Havenga prize awarded to Prof Leon Dicks
Author: Media & Communication: Faculty of Science
Prof Leon Dicks, distinguished professor from Stellenbosch University’s Department of Microbiology, is the winner of the Havenga prize for life sciences, awarded by the Suid-Afrikaanse Akademie vir Wetenskap en Kuns.
The prize is awarded annually for original research in the natural sciences and/or technology and […]
Biomining expert to receive SA award for research excellence
A world leader on the use of microorganisms in biomining activities, Stellenbosch University (SU) microbiologist Prof Doug Rawlings, is to receive the 2011 Havenga Prize for Life Sciences from the Suid-Afrikaanse Akademie vir Wetenskap en Kuns (South African Academy for Science and Art).
The Havenga Prize is an annual prestige award given for original research in […]
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)