Professor Lynd is an expert on the production of energy from plant biomass and conducts leading research on microbial cellulose utilization. Professor Lynd’s H-Index of 52 (Google Scholar) is among the highest of researchers with primary activity in the bioenergy field. Lynd has authored over 150 papers, book chapters, and reviews spanning both laboratory […]
The growth of a sustainable bioenergy sector can open up attractive new alternative markets to the agricultural sector, and also significantly boost food security to ensure a “win-win” economy in Africa.
So says Prof Lee Lynd, a bioenergy expert from the USA who is also an extraordinary professor in the SU Department of Microbiology. He […]
The African Convention of the Global Sustainable Bioenergy Project (GSB) was recently held in Stellenbosch (17.03.2010-19.03.2010).
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)