Small things considered: Is a Good Offense the Best Defense?
Is a good offense the best defense?
“Most eukaryotes possess an RNA interference system (RNAi) that they use to regulate gene expression and to defend against viruses and other mobile elements. However, some budding yeasts, such as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, appear to get along just fine without it even though RNAi has benefited other yeasts by silencing […]
Upcoming Departmental Seminars
Venue: JC Smuts Building, 3rd floor, Room A309 @12h00-13h00
9 Feb 2011
Marko Viktor (MSc defence)
The expression of fungal enzymes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae for bio-ethanol production from raw cornstarch.
Munyaradzi Mubazangi (MSc defence)
Optimization of the conversion of lignocellulosic agricultural by-products to bioethanol using different enzyme cocktails and recombinant yeast strains.
11 Feb 2011
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)