Prof Harald zur Hausen, the German virologist who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Medicine of Physiology in 2008 for his discovery of papilloma viruses that play a role in cervical cancers, will be a STIAS fellow during March 2013.
He will be working on a project that he summarises as follows:
- World experts to discuss biobased economy
- Post-Graduate Programme in Biofuels
- PhD Student Winschau Fayghan van Zyl Wins Best Poster Award @ the 9th Biotechnology Congress of America
- MSc student Steffi Davison tutoring primary school learners at Lynedoch Primary School
- Domestic Rainwater Harvesting Solar Pasteurization Treatment Systems in Enkanini Informal Settlement (Stellenbosch)