From 3-5th July 2018, the URDR co-hosted a regional conference at Stellenbosch University entitled: "Diaconia, community and development: Exploring new theories for social justice and inclusion".
The final Conference Programme with presentation titles can be found here
This was held in partnership with the Faculty of Theology (Stellenbosch University), Hugenote College and the Dept. of Religion & Theology (University of the Western Cape).
For more details on the background, aims and emphasis of the conference, click here.
Broad thematic parameters for paper contributions were:
1. Community and gender justice;
2. Community, politics and the state;
3. Community, environment and sustainability;
4. Community, economic inequality and poverty;
5. Community in the context of global South – global North dialogue;
6. Community, citizenship and civil society;
7. Community and faith-based organisations.