- Downes, G.M., Harrington, J.J., Drew, D.M., Lausberg, M., Muyambo, P. Watt, D., Lee, D.J. (2022). A Comparison of Radial Wood Property Variation on Pinus radiata between an IML PD-400 ‘Resi’ Instrument and Increment Cores Analysed by SilviScan. Forests (In Press).
- Drew, D.M., Allen, K. and Downes, G.M. (2022). Dynamics of seasonal growth in a long-lived southern hemisphere conifer are linked to early season temperature. Dendrochronologia, p.125933 (In Press).
- Eckes-Shephard, A.H., Ljungqvist, F.C., Drew, D.M., Rathgeber, C.B.K. and Friend, A.D., 2022. Wood Formation Modeling-A Research Review and Future Perspectives. Frontiers in Plant Science 13: 837648-837648.
- Saunders, A. and Drew, D.M., 2022. Stomatal responses of Eucalyptus spp. under drought can be predicted with a gain–risk optimization model. Tree Physiology, 42(4): 815-830.
- Saunders, A., Drew, D.M. and Brink, W., 2021. Machine learning models perform better than traditional empirical models for stomatal conductance when applied to multiple tree species across different forest biomes. Trees, Forests and People 6: p.100139. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tfp.2021.100139.
- Saunders, A., & Drew, D. M. (2021). Measurements done on excised stems indicate that hydraulic recovery can be an important strategy used by Eucalyptus hybrids in response to drought. Trees 36: 1-13.
- Drew, D. M. (2021). Exploring new frontiers in forecasting forest growth, yield and wood property variation. Annals of Forest Science, 78(2), 1-2
- Erasmus, J., Wessels, C.B., Drew, D.M. (2020). Mixed-effects models to predict the flexural lumber properties of Pinus patula trees planted at different spacing levels. Annals of Forest Science 77(3): 1 – 15.
- Van Niekerk, P.B., Drew, D.M., du Toit, B., Dovey, S.B. (2020). Modelling the above-ground biomass of Eucalyptus grandis x nitens in south-eastern Mpumalanga, South Africa. Southern Forests 82(1): 15 – 23.
- Seifert, E., Seifert, S., Vogt, H., Drew, D., van Aardt, J., Kunneke, A., Seifert, T. (2019). Influence of Drone Altitude, Image Overlap, and Optical Sensor Resolution on Multi-View Reconstruction of Forest Images. Remote Sensing 11(10): 1252.
- Cao, J., Liu, H., Zhao, B., Drew, D. et al. (2019) Species-specific and elevation-differentiated responses of tree growth to rapid warming in a mixed forest lead to a continuous growth enhancement in semi-humid Northeast Asia. Forest Ecology and Management 448:76–84. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2019.05.065.
- Mhlabane, F.S., Hale, N., De Villiers, A. (2020). A mathematical model of wood growth. Submitted in partial fulfillment of a structured Master’s degree at African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) South Africa. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cZEpoyTv02QVA5rMLr_57QjXrO_e0NNu/view.
- Sibiya, G. (2020). Predicting growth and future yield in Eucalyptus grandis x urophylla stands using the CABALA process-based model. Submitted in partial fulfillment of an M.Sc. (Forest Science) at Stellenbosch University.