The Library recently launched a Research Data Management Adventure Game. It is a text-based role-playing interactive serious game based on an academic research project’s data management challenges. The game takes the form of an online choose-your-own-adventure format in which game players take a simulated research project through the processes below whilst encountering data management challenges along the way.
The game focus on the following learning outcomes:
- Data management planning
- Designing participant information sheets and consent forms
- Choosing appropriate equipment for research projects
- Acquiring suitable third-party research data
- Organising research data
- Storing research data appropriately
- Analysing and documenting research data
- Preparing research data for archiving
- Publishing research data
The game was developed as part of a collaboration between the University of Bath Library and Stellenbosch University’s Library and Information Service.
Contact Samuel Simango if you need any assistance with Research Data Management.