Call for Papers (COMA '22)
The main theme of the conference is “Smart, Sustainable Manufacturing in an ever-changing world”. Papers are invited in the following areas relevant to the conference theme. Industry sectors like Tool and Die, Bio-Medical, Railway and Aerospace will benefit directly from topics at COMA’22:
Product Design and Realisation:
Design for manufacturing and assembly, Reverse Engineering, CAD/CAE, Concurrent Engineering, Design for additive manufacturing, Biologically inspired design approaches, Virtual prototyping, Networks in product development, Open design.
Expert systems in manufacturing, CAD/CAM Systems, HSC, EDM, Forming, Additive Manufacturing, Casting, Metrology, Mechatronics, Precision manufacturing, Bio-manufacturing, Robotics, Sensing, Assembly, Automation, Intelligent manufacturing, Biologically inspired manufacturing processes, Non-conventional machining, Environmental aspects, Machining of materials, Abrasive processes, Hybrid processes, Laser based manufacturing, Green manufacturing, Coating technology.
Production Systems and Organisations:
Production planning and control, Logistics, Modelling and simulation, SW-applications, Communication networks, 5G network applications, Social manufacturing, Learning Factory, Digital Factory, Biological transformation in production systems, Cyber-physical approaches, Big Data, Predictive Maintenance, Asset Management, Human-Machine Collaboration, Employee qualification, Human Resource Management, IoT in Manufacturing, Manufacturing Digitization Challenges, Augmented and Virtual Reality, Lean manufacturing, Sustainable manufacturing,
Enterprise Design and Integration:
Knowledge management, Product life cycle, Human interface, Integrated design and manufacturing, Technology and innovation management, Total quality management, Distributed control systems, Socio-economic and environmental issues, Artificial intelligence and machine learning, Digitals twins, Virtual setup, Subscription vs selling.
Supply Chain Management:
Supply chain track and tracing; Digital supply networks, Blockchain in supply chains, Circular economy, Artificial intelligence for supply chains, Biological transformation in supply chains
Covid-19: Manufacturing and Supply Chain:
Post-pandemic business models, Supply chain localisation, Manufacturing as a service, Rapid medical device manufacturing, Distributed manufacturing, Constrained supply chains, Resilient supply chains;
Materials and Manufacturing
Smart materials, Recycling, Remanufacturing, Future materials, Biomaterials, Sustainable materials, Nanomaterials, Coatings, Metal matrix composites
July 12, 2021: Abstract submission (Suitable late submissions will be considered)
July 16, 2021: Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection (Late submissions on an ad hoc basis)
Sept. 20, 2021: Full paper submission (First Deadline)
Oct. 30, 2021: Notification of full paper acceptance/rejection
Dec. 03, 2021: Final manuscript submission
Guidelines for submitting an abstract and paper to COMA 22
- Presenters selecting the "Presentation only" submission type need to submit an abstract only.
- Authors selecting the "Full Paper Submission" submission type, need to submit an abstract first, and once it is approved, will need to submit a paper as well.
Instructions in this guidelines are relevant to abstracts and full papers for the COMA '22 conference. We are excited to announce that the COMA '22 proceedings will be published by Springer Nature in the book series: Lecture Notes in Production Engineering (TBC). We look forward to seeing the high quality submissions received for COMA '22 to be accessible and displayed on a global platform.
Abstract submission guidelines
Abstracts may be submitted electronically on the EasyChair website. Go to the EasyChair site and create an account if you have not used the system before. Log into your account using your Username and Password. The system will take you to the COMA '22 site where you select [author]. Complete the electronic submission form with your abstract information. Your abstract needs to be written separately in a Microsoft Word document and copied into the Abstract field or written on the EasyChair system in the Abstract field. Do not upload your full paper at this time if you would like to participate in a category where a full paper is required. Your abstract first has to be approved before submission of a full paper will be accepted.
- Only two submissions per registration will be accommodated. To submit another abstract, click on [New Submission] at the top left of the COMA '22 Easychair page.
- The abstracts must be submitted in English, and must not exceed 400 words
- List all the authors and their affiliations clearly (e.g. “University of Pretoria”).
- Abstracts will be accepted on an ad hoc basis as it is received.
- All abstracts will be reviewed and will be selected based on suitability with regards to the conference themes.
- Notification of acceptance of the abstract by the program committee will be sent via e-mail to the author.
- The time allotted for each oral presentation will depend on the session to which the abstract is allocated.
- English will be the language for all presentations.
- Failure to register by the presenting author will automatically imply that the abstract and paper will not be included in the Final Programme and proceedings.
Full Paper submission guidelines
Follow the same procedure for logging on to the EasyChair system as you did for submitting an abstract. To submit a paper, your abstract must first have been approved. Author guidelines can be downloaded here and a template for the full paper is available here.
Complete your paper according to the instructions of the template and Author Guidelines below the template. Only papers submitted as Microsoft Word open XML (file extension docx) documents will be accepted. Click on [My Submissions] on the top task bar and select the submission you submitted an abstract for. Click on [Add file] at the top right corner of the page. Under Full Paper Upload for Review, click [Choose file] and upload your paper.
- Papers sent by mail, direct e-mail, or fax cannot be accepted.
- The papers must be submitted in English.
- Paper authors whose abstracts are accepted, need to submit their papers as soon as possible after abstract acceptance.
- All papers will be subjected to a double-blind peer review process by reviewers appointed by the Programme Committee Chairs.
- Information that will identify the authors will be removed from papers before it is sent for review to ensure that the review process is an unbiased blind review.
- Reviewers will have 4 weeks to review a paper.
- Feedback from the reviewers will be communicated by the relevant Programme Committee Chairs via e-mail to the authors.
- We aim to run a fair and unbiased review process, and are open to comments and suggestions. However, due to the limited timescales available, Reviewer and Programme Committee Chair decisions regarding your submissions must be accepted as final.
- Note that reviewer comments may require rework to the paper, and authors need to plan accordingly.
- Final accepted papers need to be ready for publication in the Conference Proceedings.
- Papers that are not accepted or do not make the publication deadline, will be removed from the conference proceedings, and the author may then be offered the option to present the topic as a presentation only.
- Failure to register as a delegate by the presenting author will automatically imply that the paper will neither be reviewed and included in the Final Program nor printed in the Proceedings.
- A maximum of 2 papers are allowed per registration.