A number of publications and theses have been published, with more to come!
See below for a list of publications and theses from our group:
- Drew, D.M., Downes, G.M., Seifert, T., Eckes-Shepard, A., Achim, A. (In Press). A review of progress and applications in wood quality modelling. Current Forestry Reports. In Press,
- Eckes-Shephard, A. H., Ljungqvist, F. C., Drew, D. M., Rathgeber, C. B., & Friend, A. D. (2022). Wood formation modelling–a research review and future perspectives. Frontiers in Plant Science, 13, 1-21. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2022.837648
- Drew, D.M. (2021). Exploring new frontiers in forecasting forest growth, yield and wood property variation. Annals of Forest Science, 78, 29-30. https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s13595-021-01054-3.pdf.
- Saunders, A., Drew, D.M. (2021). Measurements done on excised stems indicate that hydraulic recovery can be an important strategy used by Eucalyptus hybrids in response to drought. Trees. https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s00468-021-02188-7.pdf.
- Saunders, A., Drew, D.M. (2021). Stomatal responses of Eucalyptus spp. under drought can be predicted with a gain-risk optimisation model. Tree Physiology. https://doi.org/10.1093/treephys/tpab145.
- Saunders, A., Drew, D.M., Brink, W. (2021). Machine learning models perform better than traditional empirical models for stomatal conductance when applied to multiple tree species across different forest biomes. Trees, Forests and People, 13, 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tfp.2021.100139.
Theses (not embargoed):
- Saunders, A. (2021). Investigating the photosynthetic and hydraulic trade-off during drought recovery in eucalypts. https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/124576.
- Mfuni, T. (2021). Assessing forest yield and site suitability for Eucalyptus grandis x E. urophylla in coastal Zululand, South Africa, under climate change scenarios. https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/124841.
- Mhlabane, F.S., Hale, N., De Villiers, A. (2020). A mathematical model of wood growth. Submitted in partial fulfillment of a structured Master’s degree at African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) South Africa. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cZEpoyTv02QVA5rMLr_57QjXrO_e0NNu/view.
- Sibiya, G. (2020). Predicting growth and future yield in Eucalyptus grandis x urophylla stands using the CABALA process-based model. Submitted in partial fulfillment of an M.Sc. (Forest Science) at Stellenbosch University. http://hdl.handle.net/10019.1/110324