Rhodes Scholarship awarded to LLB graduate

The Faculty congratulates Ms Emily van Heerden [BA (Law) cum laude, LLB cum laude] who has been awarded a Rhodes Scholarship.  Emily graduated from the Faculty in 2015 and is currently a candidate attorney at Norton Rose Fulbright.  She hopes to pursue a career in constitutional law and plans to read for the Bachelor of Civil Laws (BCL) at Oxford University. She aims to become a constitutional law advocate: protecting and upholding constitutional rights and freedoms.

Emily writes that “this would not have been possible had it not been for the incredible education I received at Stellenbosch University, and especially from the Law Faculty. The professors and lecturers who I was fortunate enough to be lectured by and interact with during my five years in the faculty instilled in me a love of the law, of studying and of striving for justice through excellence.  The Stellenbosch Law Faculty is such a special place and I am so grateful for my years there.  I know that I can go to Oxford confident in my ability to cope with the academic pressures there thanks to the high standard of law at Stellenbosch.”

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.