Stellenbosch alumna awarded scholarship to study at Cambridge University

Miss Jenalee Harrison was awarded the Chevening Scholarship, as well as funding from Cambridge Trust to undertake a Master of Laws at Cambridge University. Miss Harrison holds a Bachelor of Science Degree (majoring in Genetics and Biochemistry) and obtained her LLB degree from Stellenbosch University in 2014. In 2015 she worked as a Law Researcher to the Honourable former Deputy Chief Justice Dikgang Moseneke at the Constitutional Court of South Africa. She also acted as Liaison Commissioner for the Venice Commission, which acts as Europe’s advisory body on constitutional law matters.

She writes “The power of law and strategic litigation as a tool to facilitate change resulted in my decision to study law. I will always be indebted to the Professors of Stellenbosch University for not only the knowledge they shared, but the passion they instilled in their students for law and change.  They taught us to think beyond the walls of our lecture hall and comforts of our own lives. The reality still remains that despite South Africa’s progressive and transformative Constitution many of our basic rights do not filter down to the majority of South Africans. It is our duty as young South Africans and as lawyers to uphold the Constitution and to fight for the substantive realisation of rights for all. I am truly grateful to my Professors and the Law Faculty – Stellenbosch will always be home for me.”

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.